Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tennis ball home remedies


Do you sit at in front of a computer all day either at home or at work? If you do I am sure your back starts to hurt from time to time. There are many options to help relieve that pain.

You can get a massager for you chair or simply get a massage from a professional. However one of the cheapest options I have found is a tennis ball. Yes a tennis ball and let me tell you it works absolutely great.
I was very skeptical at first and was a little afraid of looking like an idiot however it really worked out. There are a couple of ways I like to use it.

The first option is to stand with your back against a wall. Place the ball on the area of the pain. Now extend your feet out just a little bit so you can push yourself up and down. The ball will work against the area that is sore and provide some great relief. The great you can move the ball to really target whichever area hurts more

Secondly do my favorite. Sit at you chair and place the tennis ball again where you have pain. Now call me lazy because I do not want to stand and do a little exercise, or call me smart because now I can have that ball work for hours instead a few minutes. With the ball in-between your back and the ball you can move side to side to work out those kinks.  What I like to do is simply put the ball where I have pain and let it sit there till I feel relieved.

Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think. Please suggest any other exercises to help us out below.